Saturday, October 30, 2010

First Post

Welcome to your class blog! This blog will be were you put all of your public posts: thoughts, inspiration for the group, helpful links, words of encouragement, constructive criticism, dreams for the group etc.

Please let me know if you have issues being able to access the internet on a regular basis so that I can help you out.

A WORD OF CAUTION: Watch your words. This space functions as an extention of the classroom and holds all the same expectations of behaviour and respect that the classroom holds. This is a saafe space in which all students can express themselves free of harm from myself or the other classmates. Often it is much easier to be harsh with your words online than in person, so please be careful.

This is not a very formal writing space. I expect you to be the mature and articulate students that I know you to be, but feel free to use emoticons :) , abbreviations (lol), and say things like "like um.... you know what I mean guys, right?" Let your thoughts flow without the stress of how "academic" you sound stand in your way. Blogs are a very casual form of social media.

I encourage you all to share whatever you feel is relevant or necessary to the group. Don't forget that we are a team and we grow stronger together!

1 comment:

  1. Some considerations to be made:

    We can see your private blog. Please block and and your classmates if you do not want us to see your personal blog. Remember that most things on the internet are open to everyone - friends, strangers, parents, teachers etc. A good internet rule of thumb I have heard is not to post anything you would not want your grandparent to see.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.